Niet goed, geld terug
Document is direct beschikbaar
Beter voorbereid op je tentamens
PHIL 201 QUIZ 7
1. Deadly earthquakes, hurricanes, and diseases are examples of natural evils.
1. The view advanced by C. S. Lewis in The Great Divorce is
A mild hell
Free will theodicy
A denial of natural evils
1. The apparent fact that God’s existence is not clearly manifested is a mystery for which believers have no explanation.
1. Which principle states that one is not justified in claiming that it appears that there are no X’s if one has reason to believe that, in one’s present epistemic state, one is not in a position to be able to perceive any Xs that might be there?
G. E. Moore shift
1. The argument that there is probably pointless suffering that renders God’s existence unlikely is called
Logical form of the problem of evil
Evidential form of the problem of evil
1. Where in the Bible can one find ethical material?
The Ten Commandments
All of the above
1. ________ comes hand in hand with an ethic, because it identifies values to be propogated and virtues to be cultivated.
1. All religions are concerned with the promulgation of certain values and the cultivation of specific virtues except Christianity.
1. The Bible gives us a ___________ basis for our moral obligation, in terms of our obligation to do the will of God, the Creator and Lawgiver.
1. Christian liberty is not the license to do as one wants, but is rather being liberated to live within what God’s law requires.
1. When I ask “Why be moral?” on the pointecast, I am asking about the specific moral rules that one follows.
1. According to Dr. Martin, why is evil a problem for theists?
Evil seems to have existed prior to creation
It seems contrary to God’s love and power
God often uses evil to accomplish his goals
Evil is an illusion
1. According to Dr. Martin, Augustine defined evil as:
That which is contrary to the will of God
To break the moral law
The privation of good
That which harms another without just cause
1. Which element is NOT an element of the moral point of view:
To subscribe to normative judgments about actions, principles and motives
To universalize judgments concerning morally relevant similar situations
To appeal to some form of authority for judging actions as right or wrong
To adopt the synderesis rule
1. Deontological ethics says we should be moral because:
It achieves the best consequences
It is right in itself
that is the kind of person we want to be
God commands us to do so
1. Which of the following is an implication from the idea that the ethicist’s emphasis on moral truth is misguided and moral practices are just emotional assertions?
Moral practices vary with and depend on physical needs and social conditions.
People make conscious moral decisions that constantly have exceptions and variations.
Moral decisions have far-reaching implications and people consider distant future satisfaction when making these decisions.
Moral attitudes and practices are basically cognitive responses rather than the product of rational direction.
1. Logical positivism insists that which kinds of cognitive language are NOT possible:
1. The idea that we argue as we do because our culture has so conditioned us, and the idea that we regard our morality as superior, makes us what?
1. According to Holmes, one problem with the diversity thesis is that:
It discounts the self-reflection that occurs in primitive cultures
It overstates the extent of ethical relativity
It is not supported by adequate philosophical argumentation
It focuses on the diversity of moral principles rather than specific practices
1. According to emotivism, moral language is basically ___________, because it is not empirical or analytic.
Voorkom herkansingen en haal hogere cijfers met de beste samenvattingen geschreven door jouw medestudenten.
Met de samenvattingen van je medestudenten weet je zeker dat je goed voorbereid de tentamens ingaat.
Al meer dan 400.000 samenvattingen zijn geschreven door jouw medestudenten. Zij weten precies waar de valkuilen zitten en welke zaken uit de colleges belangrijk zijn. Zo kom jij op het tentamen goed voor de dag en voorkom je herkansingen.
Haal hogere cijfers
Mis helemaal niets meer van de tentamenstof doordat de samenvattingen geschreven zijn door jouw medestudenten voor jouw studie en vakken. Geen algemene boeksamenvattingen dus, maar precies de zaken die op jouw tentamens van toepassing zijn.
Verdien geld met studeren
Schrijf jij veel samenvattingen? Verdien honderden euro’s per maand door de samenvattingen die je toch al schrijft te verkopen aan je medestudenten. Vorig jaar verdienden studenten al meer dan €500.000,- aan het verkopen van hun samenvattingen.