MGT 521 Final Exam Guide New 2019
1. Unlike leaders, managers are those who:
2. Adopting a __________ involves distributing monetary resources among divisions to increase financial returns or to spread risks among different businesses.
3. Which of the following statements is true of a corporate-level strategy?
4. __________ is the process by which managers establish the structure of working relationships among employees to allow them to achieve a company’s goals efficiently and effectively.
5. Identify a true statement about an effective control system?
6. A __________ specifies the national markets and industries an organization plans to compete in and why it intends to do so.
7. Which of the following models of leadership focused on identifying the characteristics of a person capable of being an effective leader?
8. Which of the following principles identified by Henri Fayol focuses on the chain of command with an organization?
9. A low-cost strategy requires organizations to:
10. The __________ of an organization is responsible for building an efficient top management team.
11. Which of the following is a feature of a high-performing organization?
12. According to Lewin’s force-field theory of change, which of the following factors results in a change in an organization?
13. Which of the following statements is true of transformational leaders?
14. First-line managers in an organization are responsible for:
15. _____ is a measure of how productively resources are utilized to meet a goal
16. According to Henry Fayol, the planning process in an organization is effective when:
17. Which of the following statements is true of an evolutionary change in an organization?
18. Which of the following is an advantage of implementing a functional structure in an organization?
19. Which of the following did Frederick W. Taylor believe to be an outcome of recording the method of performing a particular task in an organization?
20. Which of the following is an advantage of group decision making?
21. __________ is the formal system of task and job reporting relationships that determines how employees utilize resources to achieve a company’s goals.
22. One way of pursuing a differentiation strategy is by:
23. An organization’s return on investment is calculated by dividing:
24. How does an increase in job specialization lead to higher organizational performance?
25. A differentiation strategy can be employed by organizations to:
26. Which of the following scenarios illustrates the attraction-selection-attrition framework?
27. A differentiation strategy is ideal for organizations that:
28. __________ signify what an organization and its members are trying to accomplish.
29. A person’s upbringing is an important source of __________.
30. __________ is the process by which managers regulate and monitor how efficiently and effectively an organization as a whole works to achieve organizational goals.