Summary Study Unit 5 - Ch6 - Forms of Business Enterprise & Statutory Requirements
Course: Business Management 1 - EB121 (EB101 / EB151 / EB1X1 / EBC101 / EBC1X1)
Study Unit: 5
Chapter: 6 - Forms of Business Enterprise and Statutory Requirements
Textbook: Bosch, J.K., Tait, M., & Venter, E. (ed.) Business management: an entrepreneurial perspective. 2nd edition. Port Elizabeth: Prudentia SA.
Final Result that I achieved with these notes: 78%
When I first started creating notes in my first year, I decided to create them with others in mind.
I also helped tutor other students in my class and have received countless comments about the user-friendly nature of my notes.
I hope to help others achieve success by helping them save time whilst still revising quality notes.
This Chapter covers the following:
1. Meaning of the Concept 'form of business enterprise'
2. Different forms of business enterprise available
3. Distinguishing factors influencing the choice of form of business enterprise
4. Distinguishing Attributes, Advantages and Disadvantages of the common forms of business enterprise
5. Incorporation of a Company and the Companies Act
Statutory Requirements When Establishing and Operating a Business in South Africa
6. Tax Legislation (Calculations and Examples)
7. Labour Legislation
8. General Legislation
DISCLAIMER: Please note that I am aware that this textbook may be outdated for this course at present, however, the content of these notes may very well still be relevant (therefore, I have listed the topics covered)