Summary Study Unit 10 - Ch24 - Business Ethics
Course: Business Management 1 - EB121 (EB101 / EB151 / EB1X1 / EBC101 / EBC1X1)
Study Unit: 10
Chapter: 24 - Business Ethics
Textbook: Bosch, J.K., Tait, M., & Venter, E. (ed.) Business management: an entrepreneurial perspective. 2nd edition. Port Elizabeth: Prudentia SA.
Final Result that I achieved with these notes: 78%
When I first started creating notes in my first year, I decided to create them with others in mind.
I use memory mnemonics or acronyms to help remember long lists, and include graphics/diagrams/tables where applicable.
I also helped tutor other students in my class and have received countless comments about the user-friendly nature of my notes.
I hope to help others achieve success by helping them save time whilst still revising quality notes.
This Chapter covers the following:
1. Values vs Morals vs Ethics
2. Ethics and its three Subdivisions
3. Business Ethics: Levels of Application (Macro-, Meso- and Micro-Level)
4. An African Perspective of Ethics
5. Ethical Decisions and the "Five Question Framework"
6. Codes of Business Ethics
7. Whistle Blowing
8. Business Ethics and Sustainable Development
9. Five Pillars of Sustainable/Ethical Development
10. Building Ethical Business Organisations
DISCLAIMER: Please note that I am aware that this textbook may be outdated for this course at present, however, the content of these notes may very well still be relevant (therefore, I have listed the topics covered)