SOPHIA UNIT 2 MILESTONE ,100% CORRECT
Guy wanted to buy the latest gaming system to fit in with his friends at school.
Which type of consumer behavior influence below does this illustrate?
Which of the following is NOT an example of false advertising?
•	 Advertising an orange drink as juice when the ingredients do not list any juices.
•	 Claiming clinically proven health results for a food product that lacks scientific testing reports.
•	 Providing supporting proof that a vehicle is environmentally friendly since it gives off fewer pollutants.
•	 Retouching before and after photos in an advertisement for a weight loss medicine.
Which of the following is an example of viral marketing?
•	 A company enables people to join their loyalty program by completing a form on their website.
•	 A company encourages customers to create and upload videos that show their friends and family using one of the company's products.
•	 Subscribers to a company's email newsletter receive an announcement about an upcoming sale.
•	 A group of coworkers talks about the best ads shown during the telecast of a major football game.
Hudson had an idea for a new style of lunch box for kids to use when going to school. When he founded his company, he stated that a certain portion of the profit made from every lunch box would be donated to feed hungry kids.
What type of social responsibility stance below did Hudson take?
A line of devices from an electronics manufacturer experienced a peak in sales. The company then decided to simplify the product line to focus on a few key devices and aggressively promoted these specific products.
The product is in which phase of the product life cycle?
Which of the following is NOT an example of marketing?
•	 Product line display at a trade show
•	 Television commercial to sell a new product
•	 Press release for a company-sponsored charity event
•	 Billboard display for a law firm
Elena owned a hair salon where she offered hair care services and related hair care products.
In which of the following ways would Elena market the hair care services differently than the hair care products?
•	 She would focus on the skill level and technique provided by the stylists.
•	 She would focus on advertising the salon's upscale location and decor.
•	 She would focus on the variety of items available for customers to purchase.
•	 She would focus on advertising that the salon uses hair products endorsed by celebrities.
Which of the following could an online travel agency do to impact the evaluation of alternatives step of the consumer buying process?
•	 Use banner ads as a form of advertisement
•	 Show customer reviews from trips and flights
•	 Allow customers to describe their travel experiences on the website
•	 Provide price comparisons on flight and booking information
Which of the following parts of the marketing plan details the steps a company will take to reach the marketing objectives?
•	 Implementation plan
•	 Control tools
•	 Strategic plan
A manufacturer used raw materials and equipment to create flower pots to sell to gardening supply stores.
Which of the following types of good would the raw materials and equipment be considered?
•	 Consumer good
•	 Specialty good
•	 Shopping good
•	 Industrial good
Which of the following best describes branding?
•	 A company uses marketing techniques to advertise a markdown of several of its products.
•	 A company uses marketing techniques to develop relationships with its new suppliers.
•	 A company uses its name and marketing techniques to create a perception in the minds of its customers.
•	 A company uses its name and marketing techniques to promote awareness of environmental issues.
A cereal company started advertising its products as "gluten free" when consumers began avoiding products that contain gluten. The cereals the company produced had never contained gluten.
Which of the following does this scenario demonstrate?
•	 Green washing
•	 Green marketing
•	 Push marketing
•	 Holistic marketing
In which of the following ways does a company market a product differently when it considers more of a consumer-focused marketing mix?
•	 More time spent developing unique product features
•	 More focused on trying to provide substitute products
•	 More emphasis placed on using multiple forms of marketing media
•	 More effort spent ensuring the shopping experience is convenient
A software company made a new game. The company first determined all males would be interested in the game but then narrowed their focus to all teenage boys interested in martial arts games.
Which of the following does this scenario illustrate?
•	 Buzz marketing
•	 Market segmentation
•	 Relationship marketing
Which of the following describes the purchase of a shopping good?
•	 Abby purchased a bottle of mouthwash because she ran out of it the night before.
•	 Abby purchased a soft drink and muffin on her way to work.
•	 Abby purchased a brand new Corvette sports car.
•	 Abby purchased a new sofa and futon after redesigning her living room.
Select the item below that illustrates push marketing.
•	 Developing a television commercial
•	 Encouraging word of mouth referrals
•	 Demonstrating a product at a trade show
•	 Creating an in-store promotion
Which of the following is true about promotion?
•	 Promotion involves selecting the appropriate distribution channel for goods.
•	 Public relations is considered promotion for some companies.
•	 Companies typically select one type of media to use for promotional purposes.
•	 Companies rely more on traditional advertising media than on internet advertising.
Fletcher owned a large nursery that grew trees and shrubs. He sold his products to landscaping companies and major retailers in his region.
Fletcher would be considered which of the following?
•	 A retailer
•	 An intermediary
•	 A wholesaler
•	 A distributor
Which of the following is NOT a problem associated with the use of social media in marketing?
•	 Staying current with technology changes
•	 Constant need for new content
•	 Legal issues related to consumer privacy
•	 Using social media to build customer loyalty
Which of the following best describes relationship marketing?
•	 Focuses on the values and ethics of the company
•	 Creates growth through increased sales
•	 Uses alliances with other businesses to increase market share
•	 Emphasizes customer retention and satisfaction
Which of the following is NOT a purpose for the packaging of a product?
•	 To protect the product contents
•	 To promote the company brand
•	 To offer convenience to the consumer
•	 To describe substitute products
An office supply company created a new office organization product. Its customers have very little knowledge about the product, and the company is willing to modify the product to adjust to the market.
Which phase of the product lifecycle below does the scenario describe?
A company selling a new product would consider using a skimming pricing strategy for which of the following reasons?
•	 To cover high marketing costs for a new product
•	 To be competitive with companies selling similar products
•	 To develop brand loyalty with its current market
•	 To generate consumer interest in the product