Abnormal Psychology UNL PSYC 380
This is a 19 page comprehensive study guide covering content from Abnormal Psychology (UNL PSYC 380). It is organized by exam with clearly labeled topics. It includes explanations, summaries, definitions to help unpack and explain the content. Topics include clinical psychology, anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, psychosis, schizophrenia, ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and conduct problems. Please note this guide was adapted from course material and notes I took in class.
Abnormal Psychology - IB Psychology - Detailed Essay Plans
A 26-page document which has everything you need to fully prepare for the topic Abnormal Psychology. The document has an essay plan for all the possible essay titles, which are:
1. To what extent do biological, cognitive and sociocultural factors influence abnormal behaviour?
2. Evaluate psychological research (that is, theories and/or studies) relevant to the study of abnormal behaviour.
3. Discuss cultural and ethical considerations in diagnosis.
4. Examine the concepts of normality and abnormality.
5. Discuss validity and reliability of diagnosis.
6. Discuss cultural and ethical considerations in diagnosis.
7. Describe symptoms and prevalence of one anxiety/affective/eating disorder.
8. Analyse etiologies (in terms of biological, cognitive and/or sociocultural factors) of one anxiety/affective/eating disorder.
9. Discuss cultural and gender variations in prevalence of disorders.
10. Examine/evaluate biomedical, individual and group approaches to treatment.
11. Discuss the use of eclectic approaches to treatment.
12. Discuss the relationship between etiology and therapeutic approach in relation to one disorder.
Note: I used these notes for my Psychology exams and my final grade was a 7 - they work!
Alle lectures 1.6 Normal or Abnormal
Alle lectures van blok 1.6 Normal or Abnormal samengevat! Ik ben bij alle lectures geweest en heb ter plekke aantekeningen gemaakt. Bovendien heb ik na het lecture altijd de slides nog een keer doorgekeken en eventueel aanpassingen gedaan aan het document.
PYC3702 Abnormal Behaviour and Mental Health Exams
This document is a compilation of UNISA Exam Questions and Answers
Answers are motivated by a combination of:
• Short summaries/reasoning regarding the relevant topic(s) in question. (Incorrect options are also marked where applicable, in order to identify and disregard red-herring alternatives)
Assignments covered are:
• 2016 May-June
• 2016 October-November
• 2017 May-June
• 2017 October-November
Please note: This document is an additional tool for exam preparation. The Stuvia-user that compiled and uploaded this document takes no responsibility for incorrect answers. Students must ensure that they study the prescribed material and understand the content.
IB Psychology HL Semester 1 Final Exam Notes on Abnormal Psychology
Notes for IB Psychology Final Exam on Abnormal Psychology: Diagnosing and Treating Mental Disorders. This note focuses on social anxiety disorder.