Math 225N Week 2 Quiz
1.	Question: A company has developed a wristband for monitoring blood sugar levels without requiring direct blood samples. It is interested in demonstrating the accuracy of the device for governmental approval and has decided to test the claim "The glucose level reported by the wristband is within 10% of a standard blood test result." Which of the following data collection processes would be appropriate? Select only one answer choice.
2.	Question: A farmer divided his piece of land into 4 equivalent groups. The quality of the soil is the same across the 4 groups of land. He planted the same crop in all 4 groups of land and recorded the yield of the crop in all 4 groups for a 4 week period. Is the study observational or experimental? If it is an experiment, what is the controlled factor?
3.	Question: To test the effectiveness of a drug proposed to relieve symptoms of headache, physicians included participants for a study. They gave the drug to one group and a drug with no therapeutic effect to another group. Which group receives the placebo?
4.	Question: Matthew has created a survey to test whether or not gender has any effect on political party associations. What is the explanatory variable in this situation?
5.	Question: Is the statement below true or false?
Continuous data are the type of quantitative data that is the result of measuring.
6.	Question: A doctor notes her patient's temperature in degrees Fahrenheit every hour to make sure the patient does not get a fever. What is the level of measurement of the data?
7.	Question: Karen wants to estimate the mean number of siblings for each student in her school. She records the number of siblings for each of 200 randomly selected students in the school. What is the sample?
8.	Question: True or False? In reference to different sampling methods, systematic sampling includes the steps: divide the population into groups; use simple random sampling to identify a proportionate number of individuals from each group.
9.	Question: While standing on a highway overpass, Jennifer wonders what proportion of the vehicles that pass on the highway below are trucks. The highway has 4 lanes running in each direction. Jennifer is only interested in the proportion of vehicles that pass over the course of the hour that she spends there. Which of the following sampling methods would be best for Jennifer to employ?
10.	Question: As a member of a marketing team, you have been tasked with determining the number of DVDs that people have rented over the past six months. You sample twenty adults and decide that the best display of data is a frequency table for grouped data. Construct this table using four classes…15,30,28,19,14,18,28,19,10,19,10,24,14,18,24,27,10,18,16,23
11.	Question: The values and relative frequencies for a set of data are shown below.
Complete the cumulative relative frequency table.
12.	Question: The histogram below displays the weights of rainbow trout (in pounds) caught by all visitors at a lake on a Saturday afternoon. According to this histogram, which range of weights (in pounds) contains the lowest frequency?
13.	Question: Describe the shape of the given histogram.
14.	Question: A set of data is summarized by the stem and leaf plot below.
15.	Question: The bar graph below shows the number of boys and girls in different classes.
16.	Question: The line graph shown below represents the number of TVs in a house by square footage (in hundreds of feet). According to the information above, which of the following is an appropriate analysis of square footage and TVs?
17.	Question: Ashley is reviewing past monthly credit card statements. The statements are summarized in the relative frequency table below.
18.	Question: What is the cumulative relative frequency of credit card statements that are $1245 or less?
19.	Question: The bar graph below shows the number of men and women in different clubs.
20.	Question: An English professor asks her students who their favorite character is in the novel they are reading. What is the level of measurement of the data?
21.	Question: Jessica is keeping track of her favorite stock's price. The line graph below shows the data.
22.	Question: A set of data is summarized by the stem and leaf plot below.
23.	Question: Describe the shape of the given histogram.
24.	Question: A data set is summarized in the frequency table below. Using the table, determine the number of occurrences of values greater than or equal to 6.
25.	Question: Give your answer as a single number. For example if you found the number of values was 23, you would enter 23.
26.	Question: Timothy wants to estimate the mean number of siblings for each student in his school. He records the number of siblings for each of 75 randomly selected students in the school. What is the statistic?
27.	Question: In a psychological study aimed at testing a drug that reduces anxiety, the researcher grouped the participants into 2 groups and gave the anxiety-reduction pill to one group and an inert pill to another group. Which group receives the placebo?